Thursday 23 January 2014

Fake A Healthy Face With BECCA Illuminate Wash Liquid Highlighter

For me, 2014 has been a good'un so far. I've gone from being a hermit who was stuck in a rut and couldn't be bothered with nights out, to actually having a social life and flying to other parts of the country on my own to meet up with certain friends who I don't see often enough but I've also been catching any and every bug there is. The latest I'm blaming on the air conditioning from a recent flight blowing a whole lotta nasty around the place. Seriously, as soon as I stepped off the plane I felt like death. Does this happen to anyone else? As I type this I have tissue stuffed up both nostrils (TMI?) a bright red hooter, bloodshot, watery, droopy eyes and a complexion which would rival that of corpse.There's one recent beauty purchase that has came to the rescue though - Becca Illuminate Wash Liquid Highlighter in the shade Moonlit

BECCA is a pricey brand but if you head over to Fragrance Direct you'll be able to bag yourself a few BECCA bargains. If you're placing an order, definitely add this to your basket if it hasn't sold out. As a rule, I don't like liquid highlighters. There are a few I love but generally I always go for powders. The texture of IWLH can only be described as perfect, not runny in the slightest nor is it thick and gunky. It's definitely a liquid highlighter as the name suggests but it feels very creamy which is why I think it works so well. It can be worn under foundation (light-medium coverage) as well as over. The brush applicator allows you to apply product exactly where you want it, for me this is cheekbones and down my nose then I pat it into my skin with my finger tips. When I think of BECCA I think of natural, barely there makeup and was worried this would completely disappear once worked into the skin but I'm really happy with how it looks. It does contain shimmer and is obvious but not in an obnoxious way. The colour looks quite solid in the swatch but once you start patting it into the skin the colour breaks up and you're left with more of a sheen and teeny tiny gorgeous flecks of champagne shimmer that catch the light. 

Anyone with dull skin will love this, it instantly perks up the skin without leaving any residue behind and on me it lasts until I remove it.

Have you grabbed any BECCA bargains yet?

Follow me: Twitter | Bloglovin | SheSaidBeauty | Instagram

2 comments:

  1. This does sound lovely! I'm waiting for some of the Becca foundations to come back into stock and when they do, I'll add this to my list as well! :)
    Hope you feel better soon!

    Claudia xx | Beauty and the Chic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to hear what you think about the foundations. I wasn't sure which shade to go for, think they were all way too dark for me last time I checked the shades they had in stock.

      Feeling better now, thanks. :)
      xo

      Delete