Sunday 10 November 2013

Love: Clarins Colour Breeze Face & Blush Powder

Back in August I posted about the Clarins Graphic Expression Face & Blush Powder and haven't stopped using it ever since. I love everything about it, from the packaging to the product itself. The only thing I would change is the shimmery over spray. It disappears after one use which I usually prefer as oversprays tend to cover the whole top layer of the pan and no-one wants a disco ball head but with Clarins, the shimmer is in such small areas that it would make a lovely, subtle highlighter and really be the do-it-all palette. Clarins face palettes usually retail at 30 quid which isn't cheap but the designs are always so pretty, it's hard not to cave. While having a neb at the beauty counters in a local chemists I noticed a section full of Clarins products all half price. I spotted some eye shadow quads, they were gorgeous but not shades I would wear then I spotted the Colour Breeze Face & Blush Powder. For some reason I thought the shades were the same in all the face palettes with the only difference being the designs yet I still ran to the till with it like a crazy women (think Phoebe from F.R.I.E.N.D.S running through the park)

Luckily after getting home and comparing swatches I realised they aren't the exact same. The Graphic Expression Palette is more on the nude/peachy side of things while the Colour Breeze Palette is more pink. I've been having a look at some swatches online and they look completely different on each person depending on their skin tone. Fair skins will get on well with this as an all over powder (it adds a lovely glow to the skin), blush and maybe even as a bronzer but darker skins might want to give it a miss, I have a feeling it could look quite stark.

Did I need it? No. Want it? Yes. Glad I bought it? YES! Unfortunately the Colour Breeze Palette is no longer on the Clarins website but you might be able to find it if you have a wee snoop around either online or in local shops but if you still don't have any luck there's always the Graphic Expression Palette or the Palette Eclat.

Do you own this palette?
Are you as taken by Clarins palettes as I am?

Follow me: Twitter | Bloglovin' | SheSaidBeauty | Instagram

PS - The winner of my Paris skin care giveaway is Victoria from Cosmetic Cravings who I'll email shortly. Congrats! :)

12 comments:

  1. Yay! Thank you for picking me as your giveaway winner, can't wait to try them all out xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to let me know how you get on with them :) Haven't tried them myself.
      xo

      Delete
  2. This is soooo pretty!
    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lift it out of my makeup bag and just stare at it like a weirdo! haha
      xo

      Delete
  3. Love the different pops of colours, so a lovely blush x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty and I love how the colour looks different on all skintones.
      xo

      Delete
  4. This looks so pretty, they always seem to have beautiful designs in their palettes!

    Claudia xx

    Beauty and the Chic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, always hate swirling my brush in the pan for the first time. :(
      xo

      Delete
  5. I am a big sucker for packaging and this is definitely what i'm talking about. I have never used any products from Clarins personally, but this really is something i want to get and try. Christmas is just around the corner~ Maybe i need to put this on my wishlist!

    Thanks for the great post :) Have a lovely day <3

    *- YingcBeauty-*
    X x X x X x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried much from Clarins either but would definitely recommend the face palettes, I want to collect them no. lol Get it on your xmas list ;)
      xo

      Delete
  6. I love my Graphic Expressions and I think the peach shades suit me more than pink. Is it my laptop or does this new palette look slightly lilac?

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're brilliant palettes aren't they. It might be your laptop, the colours look slightly different on my phone and laptop too.
      xo

      Delete