Tuesday 12 November 2013

Klorane Smoothing & Relaxing Eye Patches with Cornflower

I've tried 2 or 3 eye patch products from different brands now and I have to say, none of them made much difference. I almost didn't buy these ones from Klorane, thought they would be just as pointless as the rest but I was pleasantly surprised. 

The box contains 7 sachets, each with 2 eye patches. They make all the usual claims - reduce dark circles, combat puffiness, decrease signs of tiredness. Anyone who hasn't used eye patches before, you don't have to worry about them dragging the delicate eye area when you remove them. They do stick but aren't sticky. It's hard to explain but they lift away from the skin easily with no tugging whatsoever. The patches should be applied to clean, dry skin and left to work their magic for around 20 minutes. They feel instantly cooling even if they haven't been kept in the fridge. My eyes look less tired, slightly less puffy, any dehydration lines disappear and the skin feels soft and smooth. My dark circles don't do a disappearing act sadly but I'm yet to meet any product hardcore enough to make much of a difference in that department. 

I usually reach for these bad boys when my eyes not only feel tired but look tired too. They don't leave any residue behind so there's no faff of having to rinse your face after. They aren't miracle workers but if you're like me and have an eye area that won't behave, they're a godsend. If I had to recommend eye patches from one brand, it would definitely be Klorane. BUT, yes there's a but. They contain some not-so-nice ingredients such as parabens and mineral oil which I didn't notice when I first bought them so even though they work, I'm not sure I would buy them again.

Have you tried eye patches before?

Klorane Smoothing & Relaxing Eye Patches with Cornflower RRP: 17, currently 13.50 from www.escentual.com

Follow me: Twitter | Bloglovin' | SheSaidBeauty | Instagram

2 comments:

  1. These sounded lovely until you mentioned some horrid ingredients. Quite pricey for 7 sachets too. I haven't used an eye make before but I love the Clinique all about eyes eye cream, that was so lovely!

    Claudia xx

    Beauty and the Chic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are actually some of the less expensive eye patches I've found believe it or not. Definitely not something I would use morning and night at that price! lol
      xo

      Delete