Wednesday 30 October 2013

The Good & The Bad : Avene Gentle Purifying Scrub

One of the skin care products I picked up while in Paris was the Avene Gentle Purifying Scrub. It wasn't something I was planning on buying and I mainly rely on chemical exfoliants now as I find actual scrubs can dry my skin out and feel too harsh but I've heard good things about Avene products from people with sensitive skin. 

Anyone who likes scrubs such as St Ives, this isn't for you.

Avene claim that this scrub is effective yet gentle and will eliminate impurities gently with it's exfoliating micro-beads causing no irritation to sensitive skin. It uses something called a Keratoregluating agent which stimulates skin cell renewal and can also help with minor skin imperfections. As promised, the micro-beads are gentle, they don't scratch the skin. The beads are held within a light gel which feels cooling and one rinsed off, my skin feels fresh and smooth. I don't experience any redness when using this scrub and would recommend it to anyone with sensitive skin who prefers a manual exfoliator but at the same time I wouldn't - The tube claims to hold 50ml of product but mine was just over half full (30ml max) plus it was sealed so I know no-one had used it before me. I can't remember how much I paid but I know it wasn't cheap. It hasn't helped to even my skin tone or help with minor imperfections so for that reason I more than likely won't be in any rush to repurchase a half empty product.

 If you've tried this before let me know if you had the same problem.

Avene Gentle Purifying Scrub is on offer right now at www.escentual.com 

Follow me: Twitter | Bloglovin' | SheSaidBeauty | Instagram

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like one to miss! I liked a couple of Avene cleansers last year but then they started drying out my skin despite the products being for dry/sensitive skin, huhhhh?x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the ingredients look a bit dodgy for sensitive skin too & I'm sure some Avene products contain mineral oil but maybe I've just made that up. lol
      xo

      Delete
    2. You're spot on about the mineral oil - the Gentle Milk Cleanser contains it x

      Delete
  2. I hated this when I first used it but then really like it as it didn't leave a dry feeling after. It's not fair you've only got half a bottle, should contact Avene and see if they can do anything.

    Claudia xx

    Beauty and the Chic

    ReplyDelete