Wednesday 30 October 2013

Current Cleanser: NUXE Melting Cleansing Gel With Rose Petals

My current cleanser of choice is NUXE Melting Cleansing Gel with Rose Petals. Unlike the Avene Gentle Purifying Scrub, this is one of the products I had on my to buy list. It's available in the UK though so if you fancy the sound of it, you can easily purchase a tube.

NUXE isn't a brand I know a lot about, I've only tried one or two products, so, for blogging purposes and because my cleanser stash was running low I decided to try something different and went for this rose scented cleanser. For some reason I was expecting the texture to be a very light balm. I know it's called Melting Cleansing Gel but the melting part made me imagine a balm. The texture is gel but not like any other gel cleanser I've tried before. It's almost like a cross between a lotion and gel, and an opaque light cream/pink shade. The directions say to massage it on to wet skin but I apply it as I would a cleansing balm, adding water after giving my face a good massage first and remove it with a flannel. It removes makeup well and a double cleanse removes mascara completely. This cleanser is designed for people with normal to combination sensitive skin which I definitely agree with. Although I don't find it drying, I imagine anyone with very dry skin would need something more noursihing like a balm but for most skin types it makes a great AM cleanser. It feels light, fresh and doesn't leave any residue behind.

The rose scent is quite strong. If you don't like anything rosy, you won't like this. I was expecting the scent to irritate my eyes but it hasn't at all, same goes for my skin. Again, I can't remember how much I paid but I know it was a lot more than it is in the UK. Why is Paris so expensive? I was expecting the French brands to be so much cheaper over there but no.

Have you tried this cleanser?

NUXE Melting Cleansing Gel with Rose Petals, 12 quid for 125ml from uk.nuxe.com

Follow me: Twitter | Bloglovin' | SheSaidBeauty | Instagram

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound like a lovely product and I've been wanting to try something from Nuxe for ages, they seem like a great brand. Love your pics btw! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mask I'm trying from them seems really good too, it's from the Creme Fraiche range. Thanks :)
      xo

      Delete
  3. Oooh, I have a Melting Cleansing Gel from Clarins, I expect this is less expensive, which is great! The Clarins one was 27€ - I kinda splurged on it for my birthday. It is quite lovely though! x

    Živa | Nothin' Fancy. Really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the NUXE cleansing gel is less expensive than the Clarins one in the UK. Does the Clarins Melting Cleansing Gel contain mineral oil?
      xo

      Delete
  4. Anything rose and I am sold, I am using the Oskia rennaisance gel cleanser and it smells of turkish delight and I love it, I can imaging I would really like this too. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Oskia one is next on my list, that and the Clinique balm.
      xo

      Delete