Monday 2 September 2013

One For The Teens: Good Things Instant Dark Circles Concealer


I'm forever going on about how bad my dark circles are. They drive me mad and concealer seems to be the one product I have the most trouble with. They're either too sheer or too heavy which results in crease city. I've been trying out the Instant Dark Circles Concealer* from Good Things in the shade Light-Medium which comes in rollerball packaging and claims to depuff the eye area as well as conceal any darkness. I have a weakness for rollerball applicators, they instantly cool the eye area and make me feel more awake so I was really excited to try out this 2-in-1 product.

Good Things products are free from Parabens, SLS, Mineral Oils and animal ingredients, and are very reasonably priced. The Instant Dark Circles Concealer Has a lightweight formula which is great if you're like me and have puffy bags as well as dark circles. It's packed with skin-calming raspberry, clarifying lychee, circulation-boosting caffeine and a depuffing peptide. It depuffs my eyes as promised and feels very soothing but unfortunately the coverage isn't enough to tackle my dark circles. It's fine for no makeup days but when I really want to cover those bad boys I need to reach for something a lot more pigmented.

I think this would be the perfect product for teens who don't really need to use an eye cream just yet but want something to help brighten their eye area. Even if you're not in your teens and are lucky enough not to have bad dark circles, this would be ideal. BUT if you're a long term member of the dark circles brigade, you're going to have to look elsewhere.

Have you tried this product from Good Things?
Are you part of the panda eyed party like me?

Good Things Instant Dark Circles Concealer £5.99, currently £3.99 from Boots

10 comments:

  1. Love Good Things products! Haven't tried tjis one yet..but might give it a try for those nights out after long tiring days!

    http://kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I love rollerball applicators too, this is such a good price so I'm definitely gonna pick it up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really good, i like to use eye products but dont actually have bad dark circles or anything. I tried their eye cream and really thought it was good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have dark circles I've never tried a roll on one though - I feel like they wouldn't give enough coverage as it goes on so thinly. I've tried collection's concealer although that creases a bit x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have dark circles then this definitely won't be for you. Creasing is a pain isn't it.
      xo

      Delete
  5. I wish these sort of products worked better - the cool roll sounds like it should be brilliant in theory, but they all seem to be a bit of a let down! xx

    Gem │ ♥ │ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best I've found for coverage with products like this is the tinted eye roll on from Garnier but the shades aren't great for fair skin.
      xo

      Delete