Sunday 5 May 2013

Whats In My Makeup Bag: Ana Goes Green

Hello lovely readers of Been there done that got the lipstick!
 
My name is Ana and I am a green beauty blogger, Fran has asked me to give you a sneaky peak at what is in my makeup bag! Everything is from  natural brands and free from as many toxins as possible, I also only use cruelty free products.
 
I keep my everyday make up in this Moomin makeup bag that my husband bought me, I loved the books as a child and I fell in love with it the minute I saw it. 
 
Essential care concealer: This is a creamy concealer in a stick format and I find that it covers both dark circles and very well. It is made from great ingredients such as lovely organic coconut oil and mineral pigments.  
 
Essential care lipstick in Praline: This is my everyday lipstick, it is an easy to wear colour and and the formula is gorgeous and creamy.
 
Lily Lolo mineral foundation: I don't wear liquid foundation anymore because my skin is sensitive to some of the ingredients so this for me is the only answer, it does give a great natural finish and is an exact colour match for my skin, I love to apply it with my real techniques foundation brush.
 
Lily Lolo Silk finishing powder: I use this to set my undereye concealer, it is a lovely finely milled powder it doesn't look cakey at all under the eyes.
 
Lily Lolo concealer: I use this on areas where I need some more coverage and also sometimes I mix it with my mineral foundation.
 
Neals yard remedies eyeshadow: This is a pretty shimmery browny taupe colour perfect for a wash of colour all over the lid.
 
Lily Lolo miami taupe eyeshadow: Another neutral taupe eyeshadow, this one is a loose shadow so it is a little more fiddly than a pressed eyeshadow but I do love the colour.
 
Terre d'oc eye pencil: I don't wear black liner unless I am going out at night so this warm brown liner from Terre d'oc is perfect for using with the neals yard eyeshadow, it is a lovely which is asy to apply.
 
NATorigin mascara: Natural mascaras can be a bit of a nightmare, quite often the formulas flake or run but this one is great, it stays put all day long and it gives a lovely look to the lashes.
 
NVEY Eco blushes: These are really easy to use and apply really nicely, they are talc free and mineral oil free, I use both colours separately or sometimes I mix them. One is a soft pink and the other is a pretty apricot colour.
 
Green people powder: I use this in a shade that is a few shades darker than my natural skin tone as a bronzer, it is a really soft powder, again talc and mineral oil free. It gives a really natural glow to my face without any shimmer which is perfect for every day.
 
Inika highlighting cream: I use this as my eye primer, just a small amount keeps my eyeshadow in place for a work day, it works just like the Urban decay primer potion in sin but with natural ingredients.
 
 
Real techniques and Lily lolo brushes: I love the real techniqes brushes because the synthetic hair works so well with powder and liquid products and of course synthetic hair means cruelty free. I also use a Lily Lolo blush brush on a daily basis for bronzing the skin, this brush gives a soft finish to the bronzer with no harsh edges.
 
I would love to know if you would consider buying some natural or cruelty free make up items, and thank you to Fran for letting me share with you the contents of my make up bag.
 
Ana x
 
Thanks to Ana for letting us have a nosey in to her makeup bag! It's nice to see what makeup brands green bloggers use. I've had so many misses with natural makeup, it's good to know whats worth spending your money on. If you aren't already a reader of Ana's blog you can find it here or go say hello on Twitter: @Anagoesgreen

12 comments:

  1. All awesome natural products Ana! love your Moomin make up bag !!
    Like the look of the Neals Yard eyeshadow - really great colour ;-)
    Really loving this series Fran xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny :) I love reading these posts too xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely products :D

    I don't think Nvey Eco is cruelty free anymore though, unfortunately They're selling in China :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The China issue annoys me so much! Thank you for letting me know, they were cruelty free when I bought them :( x

      Delete
  3. When it's possible, I always try to buy cruelty free make up even if it's a little bit more expensive. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nice to hear, some of the brands are reasonable priced I wish they would go cruelty free :)

      Delete
  4. I love the idea of using only natural and cruelty free products, cheers for that! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My make up bag is still a work in progress, glad you liked it :) xx

      Delete
  5. I have been meaning to check out Lily Lolo products for such a long time now. I love that Ana uses on cruelty free products, definitely going to go and check out her blog!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend Lily Lolo, thank you for checking out my blog :) x

      Delete
  6. Yay I was hoping that Ana would do one of these posts! I need to check out that NATorigin mascara because I haven't found a natural mascara I've loved yet x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I really recommend the NATorigin mascara I really do like it :) x

      Delete