Saturday 13 April 2013

What's In My Makeup Bag: Beauty And The Chic

Hi there lovelies! Today I am writing on the lovely Fran's blog here, she kindly asked me if I would like to write a guest post. Of course I said yes! So thank you again Fran! I am writing about all the products in my make-up bag and have been wearing the same face for about a month now so this is what I have been carrying around with me every day. I will do a mini review of everything so let's get going!

Face Products - I've been using my Rimmel BB Cream for a while now and really really like it. I did a full review on my own blog if you are interested so just click here. Basically it provides a really nice coverage and lasts a long time. It will be great for summer as it's light-weight and has SPF 25 in it. Perfect! I have my usual holy grail powder which is the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural and it's amazing. It's not heavy at all and just sets all my base make-up perfectly without being drying or clogging my pores. For concealer I have gone back to my Collection Lasting Perfection one and don't really know why I changed. It's great and it's amazing on my under eye circles. Conceals and brightens the area really well without going cakey or creasing. Also covers up those pesky blemishes and redness too. Bonus! I switch my blusher up all the time so it depends which one I use on the day to what I will put in my make-up bag but the one pictured is MAC Dame blusher which is a pretty subtle pink and just looks lovely on. I've recently added the MUA Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter to my bag and it's incredible. I will be doing a full review on this soon on my blog as it's the nicest highlighter I have ever used. Such a pretty shimmer with a slight purple tone to it. And it only cost £3.00. Who doesn't love a bargain?

Eye/Brow Products - I haven't been using a lot of shadows lately as I've been going for the subtle soft brown smokey look which I use my Avon True Colour Quad in Mocha Latte to create. It lasts so well on my eyelids and creates the perfect subtle "no make-up" make-up look. I also use the two darkest shades to fill in my eyebrows because the shades match perfectly. Since using this product for my brows, I've had so many compliments on them. I will be very sad when it's all used up as I've hit pan on two shades and nearly on the other two. I then use my Natural Collection Clear Mascara to set my brows. I used to use the MAC one but it was a clear tube and the product looked disgusting after a while. It also cost around the £10.00 mark and the Natural Collection one costs £1.99, does exactly the same thing and doesn't look disgusting as the tube is white and not see-through. For mascara, I always change this up too, I am currently using Deborah Milano Lash Creator Volume & Care and will also be reviewing this too. It's great at creating big full lashes and doesn't clump. They don't look spider like either which is great because I really hate spider lashes. 

Lip Products - I generally only keep one lip balm in my make-up bag and all other lippies are in my actual handbag in a zip pocket. The lip balm in my make-up bag though is MAC Lip Tint in Petting Pink and it's such a pretty sheer pink. you can layer it up to get a  more intense colour from it but I like it when it's sheer looking. It's very moisturising and smells great too!

Other Bits and Bobs - I usually carry around a couple of make-up brushes. My Bobbi Brown Blusher Brush in the travel size never leaves my make-up bag and neither does the ELF Kabuki Brush which I use to apply my powder with. The following brushes I take in and out for use at home and then pop them in my bag to carry around with me. These are: MAC 266 Angled Brush and MAC Spooly Brush for my eyebrows, MAC Eyelash Curlers, MAC 224 Fluffy Blending Brush for applying the highlighter and my ELF Blending Brush to apply my eyeshadows. I also carry around a mini pair of tweezers which I'm sure were made for fairies, they are so small! And a mini pot of moisturiser. I just rinse out the tub and fill it up whenever it runs out and currently have Clinique Moisture Surge in there.

And that is everything I carry around with me. Sorry it's a bit of a long winded post and I hope you have enjoyed it. I love reading these kind of posts because I'm nosey and it's a great way of finding new things to try. If you enjoyed this read, feel free to check out my blog at Beauty And The Chic, it's a mixture of beauty, fashion, books and lifestyle posts. Stop by and say hi!

Do you use any of these products? What do you carry around in your make-up bag?
Thanks for reading,
xxx

Claudia was the one who first made me want to try the Rimmel BB Cream and I agree, it's brilliant! :) Claudia's blog is linked above, you can find her on Twitter too: @Beauty18Claudia Huge thanks for taking part and sharing your makeup bag goodies with us.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me as a guest blogger! Was fun :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you took these pictures :) Beautiful pics hun!! So much to look at, i don't even know where to start haha That mac blush looks lovely! I have to get mine out of the drawer and start re-using it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must be the only blogger who doesn't own a MAC blush lol I've had my eye on 'Peaches' for over a year now though so might treat myself next month. :)
      xo

      Delete