Tuesday 16 April 2013

Anita Grant: Natural Curly Hair Care & Skin Care

One of the many reasons I love reading Sandra's blog is that she always finds the most gorgeous, natural brands. Most of the time these brands are new to me and after reading her post on Anita Grant products I armed myself with my debit card and was on the website within 5 minutes placing an order! The great thing about the Anita Grant website is the fact you can buy sample sizes of all (I think?) the products. I was quite restrained and only ordered 4 things but trust me, I'll be going back for more. The products come in the most gorgeous scents which is really unusual for natural brands but don't worry if you prefer your products to be unscented, you're also catered for. Because I'm a huge lover of all things vanilla, the first item I dropped into my basket was -

Creamy Caffe Latte Leave-In Detangle Conditioner 'Vanilla': This little pot contains Pure Brazilian Coffee Oil, Organic Fijian Virgin Coconut Oil, Unrefined Ghanain Black Cocoa Butter & Australian Macadamia Nut Oil. It looks like a cream but the texture is solid and melts once in contact with your skin. It's suitable for those with extremely dry, coarse natural curly hair. That description is exactly how my hair is so I have high hopes! As you can probably guess from the list of ingredients - it smells good enough to eat.

Monoi De Tahiti Tiare: Monoi De Tahiti is a floral oil from French Polynesia and smells extremely floral! I'm not a lover of floral scents but wanted to try it as it can be used in a number of ways: as a pre shampoo hot oil treatment, as a sealant for the ends of slightly damp or freshly washed hair, all over the body after a bath or shower, it can even be used as bath oil. The oil solidifies but is easily melted by setting the jar on a radiator/bowl of warm water or just by rubbing it between your hands.

Organic Vanilla Sweet Almond Oil: If you're looking for an oil that won't solidify then look no further. Just like Monoi De Tahiti Tiare it can be used on the hair and body. I plan on using this on the ends of my hair after styling to add gloss and hopefully a gorgeous scent everytime I swish my hair.

Peppermint Babassu Shampoo Bar: I adore peppermint but trying to find a peppermint shampoo that smells like real peppermint without any other fragrances being chucked in is almost impossible. I've finally found one! It smells like straight up peppermint and has been created to stimulate your follicles and promote healthy hair growth. It promises to cleanse the hair without stripping natural oils from the hair and scalp. It's free from SDS, SLES, SLS, ALES and other nasties. I tried a shampoo bar from LUSH many moons ago but it wasn't very good plus it was full of SLS. Can't wait to give this a try.

All of the products I ordered are sample sizes but even the full sizes are reasonably priced. I really want to try the Condish cubes/hearts next (link) They're available in scents such as banana & raspberry. mmm! Once I've used everything up I'll review them in an empties post but so far I've tried the Organic Vanilla Sweet Almond Oil & Monoi De Tahiti Tiare on the ends of my hair to tame any fly aways and add shine. They both work really well and make my hair smell so nice! If you're thinking of placing an order go for it! My order was dispatched the next day, I placed my order on Friday and by Monday morning it was here. :)

Have you tried anything from Anita Grant?

All products mentioned are available from anitagrant.com

Follow me: Twitter | Bloglovin' | SheSaidBeauty

4 comments:

  1. I've seen this brand alot recently and I must say I'm really keen to try it out now, you know me & natural lol!
    I really like the sound of everything you've got to be honest I am alittle bit green over here hahahah!
    Lovely stuff - great review as ever chick xxx
    Jen @redheadbeautydiaries.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how I'd never heard about this brand before but I'm soooo glad I know about it now. I thought the Tiare Oil would be my least favourite but I used it all over after a shower yesterday and it's so gorgeous! Sinks right into the skin and the scent lasts all day.

      Hope you love it too! :)
      xo

      Delete
  2. I agree Sandra always features great stuff :) I love the look of this Brand too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous brand. Hope you love it as much as I do if you order anything. :)
      xo

      Delete