Wednesday 9 January 2013

Jo Malone Rose Water & Vanilla Cologne Intense


Jo Malon Rose Water & Vanilla Cologne Intense

I've been wanting to dip my toes in the Jo Malone waters for a while now but could never decide which scent to go for. When I saw Rose Water & Vanilla on the website I'd already made up my mind, I needed it! The description really sold me  'Delectable Turkish Delight. Rose Water and comforting vanilla are enriched with a succulent bite of rose loukoum. A tempting and addictive fragrance.' mmm!

Rose Water & Vanilla is a fragrance I've never saw mentioned in the blogosphere which made me think it was limited edition. I think it was ment to be but it's a permanent scent in the Cologne Intense line. I added it to my Christmas list straight away and headed into town with my dad who by the way almost fainted when he saw the price of the big candles and thought I'd switched some labels around to wind him up. One of the girls who worked there sprayed some on a card for me to smell along with Velvet Rose & Oud. I walked around town for an hour trying to decide which to go for but in the end went with Rose Water & Vanilla.

On the card the scent was gorgeous. I wouldn't descibe it as turkish delight but it definitely had a sweetness without being sickly. I couldn't get enough but once I got home and tried it on myself it all kind of went downhill from there. I don't know why I didn't tell the girl to spray it on my skin instead of card but I really wish I had. On the skin it's a warm, heavy, rich, sweet, almost powdery scent. There's too much going on at once an even one spray can be overpowering (to me) but the plus side is it lasts a full day, you won't need to top up and the hefty 100ml bottle is going to last a very long time.

It's a strange one, some days I like it more than others but if you're the type of person who finds certain scents bring on a migraine you might want to skip Rose Water & Vanilla or atleast do the sensible thing (unlike me) and try it on your skin first.

I'm still on the search for my perfect scent. Have you found yours yet?

Jo Malone Rose Water & Vanilla Cologne Intense 100ml £95 from Jo Malone.co.uk

20 comments:

  1. Oh my word, I'm sorry you aren't happy with this. Its a lot of money for something you don't like. I don't suppose you can return it or sell it on?

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if they would let me return it but i don't think they would. I'm sure i'll find q way to make it work, hopefully.
      xo

      Delete
  2. That's so disappointing that it doesn't smell as good on the skin as it did on the card. I've come across so many perfumes like that :( x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. If i love a perfume on someone else i more than likely won't like it on myself. It's a pain.
      xo

      Delete
  3. oh no! it sounds lovely too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap on a cracker!! 95£?? I'm so sorry you were disappointed, especially with that hefty price tag :( As you know, I'm really picky when it comes to perfume so I only have two favorite fragrances: marc jacobs daisy and the burberry Body body mist (without alcohol). you're so right, sometimes a perfume can be really overwhelming once you stray it on your skin...so weird! Hope you'll find your perfect scent asap dear xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buberry body is lush. I had a small sample size from a beauty box months ago and keep meaning to get a bottle.

      some scents really don't mix well with my skin. I must stink! Lol
      Xo

      Delete
  5. oooh, how disappointing- I always think of rose scents being a bit cloying but the thought of turkish delight would definitely have swayed me too! On the up side your photos look gorgeous though! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cloying is exactly how rose water & vanilla is once on my skin. It's just too much.

      Thanks for that! :) i've been having loads of problems with photos lately so thats nice to hear.
      xo

      Delete
  6. I have this scent and I agree it can be a bit overpowering... I love to wear it on really cold wintery days, somehow that scent is like a warm blanket :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it's not too overpowering for me it's really warming. :)
      xo

      Delete
  7. That is a shame that it doesn't smell as good on. I really do like the sound of the fragrance though, so will have a little spritz when I'm next in London. I will make sure to spray it on my skin first though. :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it on your skin and card and let me know if you think its nicer on the card.
      xo

      Delete
  8. What a shame - haven't tried any jo Malone yet.
    Te deodorant is natural indeed, it's available from Morrisons. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so unfortunate because it sounds so delicious in name! I'm not sure if I'll ever find the perfect fragrance for me, I'm always on the hunt. Currently though, I'm loving Flora by Gucci which smells heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no!! That's rough, sorry it didn't work out as planned :/ I've been eyeing up the Orange Blossom for some time, but I just haven't been able to bite the bullet and splash the cash. One day! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i really like that one too. i love how unique they are compared to other fragrances.
      xo

      Delete