Saturday 13 October 2012

NOTD: Chanel Vertigo

 I have to be honest and say it's not very often a Chanel polish catches my eye. I never give into the hype surrounding certain shades because as far as I'm concerned nail polish is the most dupeable product ever. It's never long before smaller brands start Slinging out bottle after bottle of their own cheaper versions then a few weeks later everyone and their granny are sporting it on their manicured mitts.

Vertigo is my pick from Chanel's Autumn 2012 Les Essentiels de Chanel collection. I know for most people Frenzy is the stand out shade but I was drawn to Vertigo like an annoying moth to a laptop screen. Lina is a wee darlin', she done some sneaky detective work and sent me a bottle! There's something really unusual about it and I'll be surprised if exact dupes surface any time soon. The description doesn't do it justice at all 'grey black'. Neither do the photos, you need to see it in person. It's such an odd ball of a shade and I honestly can't describe it. At first glance I thought it was purple with rusty shimmer running through but under sunlight the shimmer disappears and Vertigo changes to a murky brown/black/grey. The shimmer doesn't translate to the nails very well but every so often you'll catch a glimpse.

Formula wise it's perfect! Full coverage in one coat but I applied 2 as usual. No streaks, dried quickly enough and has an amazing glossy finish. The only thing I struggle with is the brush. It's quite long and wiggly so not great if you're in a rush. It could get a bit messy.

Have any Les Essentiels de Chanel shades caught your eye?

Don't forget to enter my international giveaway (link)

9 comments:

  1. I really think this is the new black! it's so sophisticated and pretty!! Too bad I'm done with Chanel polishes haha Hopefully it wont stain your nails :/ xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expected it to stain but it didn't :) Chipped within 24 hours though lol but I love the colour too much to care about that.
      xo

      Delete
    2. Chipped within 24 hours?? Damn, Chanel should really improve that rubbish formula grr grr grr Glad you still like it though :) xx

      Delete
    3. Yup. It was all going well untill I got in the shower. lol I'm going to paint my nails with it tonight again though. Obsessed! :)
      xo

      Delete
  2. This looks so gorgeous, but annoying it chipped so fast :( x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely not one you'd get a full weeks wear from. I've heard alot of people say Chanel never lasts long on their nails. The frmula seems so good when you're applying it though.
      xo

      Delete
  3. Love this! I love a murky nail!! I am yet to own a Chanel polish, I would always splash out on their makeup I think.. wouldn't say no to this though xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I'm more likely to hand out money for their make up than polish but only because dupes come out within a few weeks. The photo of it on my nails does it no justice at all.
      xo

      Delete