Saturday 21 July 2012

Obsessed: Rodial Candles

Its no secret that I love a good candle. I always have to have more than one dotted around the house and I cant remember the last time I had a bath without one burning but I'm really picky when it comes to scents. I'm not the biggest fan of floral, I think the only floral candle I own is Yankee Candles Sweet Pea. I usually go for sweet/foody or clean scents and I cant have anything too overpowering or synthetic or I'll end up with the worst headaches but at the same time I expect to be able to smell the scent when I walk into a room.

After having a good nose around the Debenhams website, perving at all the make up items I want but dont need I came across Rodial candles. Rodial is a brand I've never really been too interested in mostly because of the scandal that surrounded their crazy skin care claims a while back and because its quite a pricey brand. The usual price of Rodial candles is £45 but in the Debenhams sale they were reduced to £10 so I decided to give them a try. The two scents I went for are Rehab - roasted almond & honey milk and Lounge - honeycomb & vanilla.

The packaging of the candles is gorgeous.Mirrored silver surrounded by thick glass with Rodial written in white. The candles also come boxed and would make really great (expensive) gifts. I'm sure you've already guessed by the title of this post that I. Love. Them!

Both scents are sweet and creamy but not sickly, fill a room without being overpowering, dont cause headaches, dont smell synthetic, dont flicker or smoke and they last for ages. I think I read the burn time for each candle is 60 hours. Even when the candles arent lit they still throw out some scent. I cant even explain how much I love these but I went straight back on the Debenhams website and ordered another three while they're at £10. I plan on keeping one of each 'for show' in my room. Yes I know I'm sad but they look soooooo pretty!

Have you tried Rodial candles before? If you have a spare tenner burning a hole in your pocket then get yourself to Debenhams before they shoot back upto £45.

11 comments:

  1. These sound like something I would love. I am the same with candle scents, I can't have anything to overpowering. Hmmm, I may just pop over to the Debenhams site. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same even with car air fresheners, after half an hour I'm gagging out the window! lol

      Theres another scent, think its called Socialite but I havent tried it. Rehab reminds me of Burts Bees Honey & Milk Body Lotion.
      xo

      Delete
  2. They sound like they smell DIVINE. love candles!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do, I doubt anyone would dislike how they smell. I would never pay full price though unless money was no object.
      xo

      Delete
  3. I bought one of these(rehab) in the sale a while ago and then they went out of stock! So happy you posted this because ive been wanting to get more, £10 is such a bargain! Me and my mum just bought 5 aha.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're on sale on a few different sites but the cheapest I can find them apart from Debenhams is 22 quid on ASOS. They're gorgeous candles arent they. Did you order Socialite? I havent tried that one but I'm tempted to order it.
      xo

      Delete
  4. I REALLY want to try these candles!!! Even when the candles has burned out the pot will make a beautiful storage option xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah definitely, they will make lovely makeup brush holders. :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to get some of those - they sound fab! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely get one. Just checked the site and they're still in stock. :)
      xo

      Delete
  7. I cant love these more.
    www.servehair.com and www.wondepot.com are the top hair extension websites.
    where you can get the same amazing.

    ReplyDelete