Sunday 8 April 2012

Somewhere Over The Rainbow *Pic Heavy*



Last night I was having a look through my 'Pile Of Crap' when I came across a few things I cant even remember buying. It was like going shopping without having to part with any cash. The first thing I spotted was a nail polish that I've obviously used a few times before, I have no recollection of this by the way but I must have done judging by how much product is missing.



GOSH Rainbow is one of those iridescent flakey polishes with a clear base. Rainbow has such a different look depending on what colour you layer it over. At the minute I'm still in a loving relationship with L'Oreals Color Riche Opera Ballerina so thats what I used as a base. With one coat of Rainbow over the top I ended up with an effect that reminds me of looking into an opal, its so soft and glowy, kinda reminds me of fairy wings too. :]



I prefer to layer flakies over light nail polishes, I like the colours that come through compared to when you layer it over a dark. I'm not sure if GOSH still make this beauty but I do know a lot of other brands have their own versions.

Isnt it pretty? :)

18 comments:

  1. This is lovely! I prefer flakies over darker polish hah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colours are more vibrant over darks but I'm going through a 'less is more' phase at the mo, doubt it'll last long though. lol
      xo

      Delete
  2. it looks really great!! luv it when i find things that i had forgotten all about - as you said, its like going shopping without spending money!

    http://kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish a few things that are on my wish list would show up now. lol
      xo

      Delete
  3. reminds me of the nubar 2010 flakies topcoat!
    http://cloudsandcuticleoil.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm yet to try any Nubar polishes. Havent seen the flakies topcoat, I'll have a wee look at swatches now.
      xo

      Delete
  4. this is so beautiful! I'm going to go and find it asap! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in superdrug today but didnt see any at the GOSH counter, booo.
      xo

      Delete
  5. Such a pretty color!
    Following, and I look forward to more posts!!
    xx
    lilithfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL! Everyone tends tu put flakie polish over dark polish but I absolutely love your take on it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find flakies to be too orange once layered over darks and I really dont suit orange nails.
      xo

      Delete
  7. This is soooo pretty. It looks great on such light shade!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its gorgeous over a bright pink too, had a wee test of it lastnight. :)
      xo

      Delete
  8. I don't have anything like this but it looks gorgeous, I'll have to hunt this or something similar out!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think theres a similar one from Essie but I'm not sure of the name.
      xo

      Delete
  9. I have had this a couple of years, it's gone gloopy now but I don't want to part with it....Love the colour you've layered it on top of. Looks so stunning xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Add a few drops of nail polish thinner if you have any or just a tiny bit of remover, should do the trick.
      xo

      Delete