Thursday 19 April 2012

Aveda Smooth Infusion | Mini Review

Smooth Infusion Shampoo | Style Prep Smoother | Conditioner

I planned to give these a go earlier but I was at my mums and her hair is Thicker, Frizzier and Curlier than mine so thought trying them out on her would really put them to the test. Each Tube is 10ml and came in the first She Said Beauty Box.

The Claims: Moisturises and reduces frizz | Exclusive plant infusion—a blend derived from organic aloe, maize and guar bean—creates a smooth new surface on hair | Significantly reduces frizz and unwanted wave, helps prevent flyaways | Protects against surface damage from heat styling | Babassu-derived cleansing system softens hair with a luxurious lather.

Smooth Infusion Shampoo  250ml - £15.50: First impressions of the shampoo weren't the best. The lather was minimal and the full 10ml needed to be used but she did say her hair felt clean and moisturised.

Smooth Infusion Conditioner 200ml - £17.50:  Again the full tube needed to be used (her hair is in a bob) and she didnt find it left her hair any easier to comb than her usual conditioner. But still, it done the job.

Smooth Infusion Style Prep Smoother - 100ml £18.50: All three products claim to reduce frizz and unwanted waves but we applied the Prep Smoother while her hair was wet (as directed) and left it to dry naturally and I dont think I've ever saw her curls look as healthy before. We didnt even straighten it after because it looked so lovely. So yes, it reduces frizz brilliantly but instead of reducing her waves it somehow made them bigger and better. Shes even considering purchasing the full size.

All three are on the pricey side and whilst I couldnt recommend the the shampoo or conditioner as I just think they're overpriced for what they do, or claim to rather. And you need to use a lot of product each time so its not as if a little goes a long way but I would really recommend the Style Prep to anyone with curly hair who hates the crispy look they get from mousse. I was under the impression Style Prep was for straightening hair but obviously its curl friendly. :)




5 comments:

  1. I used this trio (before I got in she said) and wasn't impressed. Left my hair looking quite greasy, love other aveda products though x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find Avedas hair care very hit or miss. I havent tried any of the Style Prep Smoother but might give it a go tomorrow.
      xo

      Delete
  2. ahh i got this in the she said beauty box as well but havent treid it, saving for a weekend away :) i did a post on the 2nd she said beauty box on my blog :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being an hairdresser absolutly love blogs on haircare, we have Aveda in the salon. As you said its all very hit and miss. Luckily Smooth infusions is one of the nicer smelling ones. :)

    you have a new followerrrr, love your posts!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here :) I'm not working in a salon at the mo though.

      The main thing that annoys me is how Aveda tries to come across as a natural brand but its not at all. I tried the conditioner from this set a few days ago and my hair just felt full of silicone. Awful.
      xo

      Delete