Monday 12 March 2012

Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Instant Nail Hardener.

For some reason my thumb nails always seem to break/split when they reach a certain length, they dont even grow to the tip of my thumbs. I've always been an O.P.I Nail Envy fan and have used it for many years but decided to give something else a chance.. Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Instant Nail Hardener.

Described as 'The ultimate base coat, hardener, strengthener and repairer in one'. You can pick this up in Boots for £8.99, which I think is a bit steep but anyway. I was planning to do a review and see how it compared to Nail Envy but I've only used it once and dont plan on using it again. As instructed on the box, I used it as a base coat and painted my nails as normal with a colour I've used before and never had any problems with. Everything seemed fine for the first 2 hours but after that my nails just started chipping like crazy, the polish was coming off in clumps, huge cracks were appearing (think lightning bolts). I had to remove it after about 5 hours.

This claims to be an instant nail hardener but I didnt feel that my nails were any harder and cant comment on how hard it would make nails over time. Its also not 'The ultimate base coat'. Maybe it would work better for people who dont wear polish? If so then Sally Hansen really need to state that on the box.

I'm lucky and dont really have many products that I consider to be a waste of money but when something doesnt live upto any of its claims it really annoys me. Have any of you tried this before, whats your thoughts?

6 comments:

  1. I've used this before and hated it! It just peeled off my nails and made any colour on top last less than a day. Not a patch on OPI Nail Envy which I absolutely adore x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was like having a sticker on my nails, just peeled like crazy. Yup, I dont think anything will every beat Nail Envy.
      xo

      Delete
  2. haven't tried it before :s but with such a name, one would expect better results !

    thanks for sharing your review

    http://kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up, I'll make sure to avoid this product. I'm always looking for a good nail hardener, so if you ever come across a nice one, make sure to let us know about it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far O.P.I Nail Envy is the best but you have to be careful as I find it hardens/strengthens the nails so much that they lose all flexibility, and just a knock can cause the nail to snap. I'd recommend using O.P.I Nail Envy Maintenance instead of the original version, unless your nails are super weak.
      xo

      Delete