Friday 27 January 2012

Dermalogica Age Smart Renewal Lip Complex.

Out of everything I've received from Glossybox so far, this 1ml wonder is without a doubt my most used. Dermalogica Age Smart Renewal Lip Complex is one of the smallest, most unimpressive looking products I've ever clapped eyes on but good things really do come in small packages.

The Age Smart line is aimed at more mature skin but prevention is better than cure and theres no reason younger people couldnt use these products. The skin around the lips and eyes is the first place that ages - the younger you are when you start taking care of these areas, the more your skin will thank you. Even teens should be using eyecream, theres no reason why they shouldnt be takin care of the lip area too but most people (me) often forget.

I'm in my 20s and dont have lip lines so really cant comment on how well this product works for that problem. I've been using Lip Renewal Complex almost everynight before bed (1ml has lasted me almost 3 months) and my lips have never felt as smooth, especially at this time of year. I've never suffered from chronic dry lips anyway but the dryness is zero now.


The texture is thick and balmy but glossy and long lasting, It can feel quite gritty, more so when its cold but thats just down to the ingredients reacting with the temperature. Full size isnt much bigger than this sample - its under 2ml, eek! RRP: is around £16 but I'm sure I saw it online for alot cheaper. I'll definately repurchase and continue to use it as a night treatment.

What did all you Glossyboxers think, did you enjoy using Lip Renewal?


5 comments:

  1. oh I haven't seen this before.. I have a lipbalm from dermatolica (yes I knw i spelled it wrong lol) though .. & thanks for the sweet comment x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe this has lasted you three months! I used mine up within three DAYS. Ha ha, I obviously wasn't using it properly.. Did quite like it for nighttime but don't think I'd ever pay the asking price for it. It was a good Glossybox addition though. I've just re-subscribed to Glossybox, hoping the Valentines box will be worth it's salt xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 days?? haha well it says to use it atleast twice a day but I dont, I just use it once before bed. I wouldnt pay full price either.
      I've been creeping online for the past week trying to find out whats in Glossybox, I've got myself all built up for something brilliant so fingers crossed.
      xo

      Delete
  3. I quite enjoyed it! It felt nice on the lips but for me I didn't feel it was exactly WOW I need to go out and buy this immediately. Not a showstopper! That seems to be a trend for glossy box recently, hoping they'll step it up for the valentines day box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its the only lip product that I can put on before bed and actually feel a difference when I wake up. Theres not a chance I'd pay £16 for such a tiny amount of product but at the right price I definately would.

      I know what you mean and Glossybox has built itself up so much this month, it better be worth the wait.
      xo

      Delete