Friday 4 November 2011

Charles Worthington 40 Day Straight.



I've saw this advertised for a while now, at first I didnt pay any attention to it but the more I see it, the more it sucks me in. (same with everything)

The Blurb:
Get gorgeously straight, smooth and more manageable hair with natural bounce for up to 40 days. Completely safe and easy to apply in just 25 minutes, this patent-pending breakthrough treatment uses Cysteamine, a gentle and effective straightening active that re-programmes your hair memory and tames frizz.  It’s 100% free from formaldehyde and ammonia.  Get the ultra-glamorous results of a professional salon straightening treatment, all from the comfort of your home.

I was glad to see that it's free from formaldehyde and ammonia but my worry is how gentle the straightening active really is. If it tames frizz then thats great but what happens after the 40 days, will there be any damage caused like with a perm? It's basically the same thing, 40 Day Straight re-programmes the hair memory, thats what a perm does too and everyone knows what effect perming can have on the hair.

Does it really do what it says?
Has anyone tried it yet?

I have wavy hair and really want to try this. I dont want flat, thin, poker straight hair but some taming for my wannabe afro would come in handy.

If you want to read more about it then heres the link..

As far as I know, It's only available from Boots. RRP: £19.99

Ps: I'm going away for a few days so there wont be any posts from me for about a week but theres plenty I have to post about when I get home, couple NOTD's, which obviously arent nails of the day's anymore but anywho.. and nodoubt I'll buy more stuff I dont need.

Pps: I'll be uploading photos of the things I got for the giveaway.
xo

5 comments:

  1. I haven't used this but I'm kinda skeptical because its quite cheap so I'm not sure how good it will be! If you try it please do a review, I'd love to know how it is!


    http://lovefayexoxo.blogspot.com/

    LoveFaye xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been wondering about this for a while, my hair is pretty straight so it doesn't wholly appeal but wonder whether it would be good for smoothing slightly 'fluffy' ends? I'm just really sceptical about the long-lasting damage it could do to your hair. I'm not going to try it for a while because I'm trying to grow mine! I'll stick to Joico K-Pak for now but would love to read a review on this :)

    http://boscy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't trust it purely because it comes in a box... I'd much rather get my hair done by someone who knows how to do it than do it myself.. I'd probably end up bald! lol

    www.bebrokebestylishbeslightlyboho.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm sounds too good to be true. It would save me so much time getting ready though!

    Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I wont be trying it, or atleast not untill someone else has. lol
    xo

    ReplyDelete